Court Booking Procedures
- All courts (except grass) are bookable two weeks in advance.
- Grass courts may only be booked at Reception on the day.
- More than three consecutive 30 minute court bookings slots are not allowed unless playing a match.
- Court 11 is primarily reserved for ball machine use and should only be booked if no other courts are available.
- Courts not taken within ten minutes may be released and booked by another Member unless notice has been given to Reception.
- Members are asked to cancel bookings if unable to play. This includes cancelling in bad weather as everyone has a different definition of 'bad' weather. Other Members may wish to switch surface in these circumstances.
- Members are also asked to ensure they have checked in at the Club prior to using their court – failure to do so will result in a 'no show' email being sent. This is in an effort to make sure every booked court is used.
- The booking of two surfaces (grass and all-weather or indoor and outdoor) simultaneously is not permitted. You should only book one surface but may transfer to another surface in the event that courts are available. The surface that you transfer from must be then released.
- The playability of all courts will be decided by the Senior Duty Groundsman or in their absence, the Duty Manager.
Indoor and Dome Tennis Courts (1, 2, 3 and 12, 13, 14)
Late Cancellation Policy
- When unable to play, please cancel as soon as possible so that others may use the court.
- The system automatically logs "late-cancellations" when indoor bookings are cancelled within 12 hours prior to start time.
- There is no late-cancellation penalty on the 1st occasion, however, on all subsequent occasions the system will automatically activate a 7-day suspension starting the next day which prevents booking indoor courts.
Check-in / No-Show Policy
- The member who booked the court is required to check-in to confirm court usage within 3.5 hours prior to the latest reserved start time (or within an hour after playing).
- You can use your membership card to check-in on the touch screen "kiosk" systems at the club, or in-person at reception.
- The system assumes a "no-show" if the member who booked the court fails to check-in.
- There is no no-show penalty on the 1st occasion, however, on all subsequent occasions, the system automatically activates a 7-day suspension starting the next day which prevents booking indoor courts.